Saturday 15 December 2012

Winners of 2012: Part One

Our look back at the year gone by begins with a celebration of some of the women who have fulfilled the dreams for which they have sacrificed so much and worked so hard.

IFBB Europa Battle of Champions
ANNE FREITAS
imagebam.com

As images from the Freitas training camp of her prep emerged in the weeks before this contest, her victory was predicted by both those in the industry and fans alike before she had even set foot on the stage. As one forum poster put it: I would anticipate that she is gonna own her competition in Hartford on July 6-7th.

And she didn't disappoint, her first win as a pro. Resulting predictions of her victory at the Olympia proved a bit wide of the mark, but do bear witness to the frenzy she had whipped fans into. One commentator summed up what many had been thinking: The last few months have been very interesting watching her transform into a massive ripped hulkess. She's gotten absolutely massive. I love it.

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com


IFBB North Americans
TAMMY JONES
imagebam.com

As always, it's better to let Tammy herself have her say: I am just so excited I can't stand it! I got my pro card! Thank you to all of you who have supported me throughout this journey... those that have sponsored me and have been loyal to me through thick and thin, for years and years. Those that no matter what place I took along the way, remained positive and encouraged me to keep going. Those that always had faith in me and proved it week to week by staying in touch, sharing their thoughts, sending cards or donations or flowers, "being there" for me when I needed it most... to answer those that now want to help celebrate in the victory but never took part in the hard work and for those that actually have the balls to ask for advice on training or diet, photos from shoots, letters, autographs (?), etc... and never once reached out to send a smile or good luck or any type of support, you probably won't ever hear from me. By the way, it's IFBB Pro to you now, not baby.

Word.

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Follow Tammy's blog



UKBFF British Championships
ROSANNA HARTE
imagebam.com

2010 Lisa Cross
2011 Rene Campbell
2012 Rosanna Harte
Not a bad roll of honour to be adding her name to! Congratulations to Rosanna.

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com
imagebam.com
imagebam.com



NPC New York Metropolitan + NPC Team Universe
GLENESE MARKES
imagebam.com

Double winner Glenese was Middleweight and Overall champ in New York in March, then Heavyweight and Overall champ at the Team Universe in July. Not content with these achievements, she then competed again at the IFBB North Americans (won by Tammy Jones, see above) and was runner-up in the Middleweight division. Phew!

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com



IFBB New York Pro
JULIANA MALACARNE
imagebam.com

Say what you like about the Physique class, but it's not all bad, and the return of La Malacarne to the stage in New York in May is high on the list of 2012's Reasons to be Cheerful. And of course she won! How could she not win? Look at her! Ai, Caramba!

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com



NPC Masters Nationals
SHERRI GRAY
imagebam.com

Don't the Heavyweights always win? And if they don't, the Light-Heavyweights clean up, don't they? I don't know much about these things, but it seems to me that to be the Middleweight winner and then to be the Overall winner is fairly unusual. But that's what Sherri achieved in the 35+ Bodybuilding. And she's not only causing a stir on stage, but also on the forums. Typical comments about Sherri posted recently include: At age 41 she just keeps getting HOTTER... Totally unbelievable... one of those rare women who look sexier with age... MILF of the century.

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com



IFBB Toronto Pro
LISA GIESBRECHT
imagebam.com

The statuesque Lisa beat a small but high quality field for her first professional win, fast-tracking her way to the Olympia later in the year in her first season as a pro. Not at all bad for a woman who didn't start competing until the age of 35, although perhaps less surprising when you know that Lisa says training is my life. And she's not lacking in ambition either, with her eyes set firmly on the biggest prize of all: I’m excited about the future. I always am, no matter how I do in a show, I’m always excited, because I like the process. If you do it for the end result, lots of people would be disappointed because lots of people don’t even get a Pro Card, a lot of people don’t even win a show, or go to Olympia. So I’m happy that I’ve gotten to where I’ve got, but I’m also excited because I love the process of it. I love the training, I love the dieting, I’m excited about getting bigger. I’m going to keep my lines, I’m going to keep my femininity, but I do need to get some size if I want to be competitive. I’m excited about that though. You and me both, Lisa!

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com



Texas State Championships
GINGER MARTIN
imagebam.com

Another tick in the plus column for the Physique division, one of FMS' Women of the Year from 2011, Ginger Martin won her state championships in October.

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com


More 2012 Winners to come in Part Two...

1 comment:

  1. GMS, you're running out of topics if you continue to post so much stuff at once :-P

    ReplyDelete