Monday 18 August 2014

August Picture Post: Teenage Kicks

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

DOROTHY "BIG DOTTY" HERNDON

imagebam.com imagebam.com

My first exposure to Dorothy was courtesy of Muscle Training Illustrated. I can still remember quite vividly the purchase of these two magazines. I was 14/15.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com

NPC USA Heavyweight and Overall Champion 1988
IFBB Pro World Championships 1989, 3rd place

imagebam.com imagebam.com

Glamorous, beguiling beauty. Powerful, intoxicating muscularity.

imagebam.com

To my teen self, Dorothy was perfection. I was helpless, she was irresistible. Lord knows how many hours I spent pouring over her pictures in these and other magazines. Lord knows how many DAYS I spent paying tribute to this goddess.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

Still one of my favourite ever FBBs (see also, Size Matters: A Fantasy Contest).

imagebam.com

The magazines have long since been disposed of, so it's only through the tireless work of the female muscle scanners that I can relive my teen dream. Heroes, one and all.

imagebam.com

And here's a clip of Dorothy guest posing from 1988.

Get comfy and just LISTEN to that crowd reaction!



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment