Thursday 1 October 2015

Marthe in the USA: She'll Be Back

imagebam.com

I'm thankful for my struggle, because without it I wouldn't have stumbled across my strength, Marthe says (which is, I imagine, a reference to her battle with cancer). And like many people who have a brush with death, Marthe seems to have come out the other side on full power, ready to take every day by the scruff of the neck.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
Going up? Marthe gets ready to rock the stage in the lift in Atlantic City (left), 
and - still bronzed and beautiful (and in her posing suit?!) - arrives in New York

At 40 it's only going to be better, she says. A dear friend told me that [and] I believe. She turned 40 in April, her pro card arrived at the beginning of August, and by the end of that month she had taken herself and those amazing legs of hers to the US and competed as one of the elite of the sport for the very first time.

imagebam.com

Time of my life, Marthe writes. Not just on one, but on several of her Instagram posts from her US trip. Arriving in Atlantic City for her pro debut - time of my life. On performing her routine during finals - time of my life. Her shoot with Reg Bradford - time of my life. A stop in New York before heading home - time of my life...

imagebam.com

Miss the US, she wrote as she posted the picture above (which, incidentally, in a week of GREAT pictures of Marthe has got to be one of my favourites - those LEGS, I am swooning all over the place!). Time of my life, she said once again. I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment