Tuesday 18 July 2017

She's So Shredded: Mariša Golob

On her Instagram there's a really quite disturbing image of a young, cute, feminine face photoshopped onto an undeniably muscular but somewhat chubby male body. What people think I look like when I tell them I'm a powerlifter, says Mariša Golob.

Click here at your own risk.

I did warn you it was disturbing.

Anyway, me, you and the female muscle lovin' brethren in general are all much too enlightened to have that preconception, but that doesn't mean we don't have a preconception of what a female powerlifter looks like, and it's not (I imagine) the kind of look you would expect to find in a week of posts entitled She's So Shredded.

But Mariša is not your typical powerlifter.

imagebam.com

Her Wikipedia entry (which is extensive) calls her "the most successful and decorated female in Slovenian powerlifting history", and details the 27-year-old law student's tally of 37 gold (plus one solitary silver) medals at European and World level.

All have been won in the last five years.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

Why so shredded then?

Well, I'd hoped at first that Mariša was going to start doing what our Hot and Hard 100 Top Brit Corinne Ingman does and marry a powerlifting career with a competitive Bodybuilding one, but I've found no evidence to suggest that my dream of her all tanned and oiled, glam and suited and flexing her delicious and powerful body is going to be coming true anytime soon. What I have found out though is that this, as Corinne might say, "royally peeled" look is a fairly recent development - she hasn't always looked quite like this - and is all in aid of ensuring that Mariša makes a particular weight class. She says she is "kind of diggin' these pre-competition shreds".

imagebam.com

Swell is very much diggin' them too.

Follow Mariša on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment