Saturday 9 September 2017

Michaela of the Day

FROM TAMPA TO... ER, TAMPA

imagebam.com

We left Michaela in 2017 back in Tampa on Tuesday after marvelling at her slow and sexy posing routine. The morning after, those freaky legs were, for once, getting at least a bit of sit-down time, some "morning reflection". I am so thankful for this weekend for so many reasons, she wrote. There was only one thing I'd change.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

Probably the result. Michaela had placed 3rd among 25 of the best, with only Jennifer Taylor and Margarita Charaim above her. Good enough for many, but a few Olympia qualification points was not what she had been in pursuit of.

No time for slacking though. Michaela was off on an adventure...

imagebam.com

She was off to compete again. This time in San Antonio. Just keep showing up, showing improved, was her theory, and no one could doubt she had improved immeasurably on her 2016 package. Certainly Michaela didn't doubt it, sharing her Olympia 2016 v Tampa 2017 "upgrade" with her IG followers the Tuesday before the San Antonio show.

imagebam.com

She trained all week as a guest at a local gym.

imagebam.com

Getting her freak on, as they say.

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Thank you for this day and providing me with the opportunities to pursue this crazy passion of mine, she told God at the check-in. The next day she got herself stage ready and shared this rather arty hotel room triptych. The Good Lord shining his light?

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

2nd this time, again the judges giving Jennifer Taylor the better of her. Little bit rude of Jennifer to take up two Olympia qualification places all for herself, I think, but there's no rule to stop her. Bummer for Michaela though, despite a few more Olympia qualification points. I'd be lying if I said these past two weekends didn't truly sting, Michaela confessed. I hold myself to the highest of standards and strive to be the best in all that I do. She promised to come back in 2018 with the same kind of "solid improvements" she had made in this off-season. So... no more Michaela in 2017?

imagebam.com

Phew!

Her 2017 pursuit wasn't quite finished yet.

imagebam.com

She was back in Tampa for the (slightly insensitively-named?) IFBB Hurricane Pro. Nothing quite like the thrill of show weekend, she wrote. Gosh I love this stuff!

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

Gosh she looks gorgeous!

Surely...

2nd. Again.

imagebam.com

Last year at the Olympia I had a callout that I said I never want to experience again. Heather [Grace, who won the Hurricane Pro] had the best showing of her career, placing third. Now, just one year later we stand toe to toe. [I think Michaela should write more of this stuff, don't you? Talk about drama!] We are both fans of one another, but in this moment we are competitors. We all train to win, and Saturday was Heather's day, and I still found a sense of accomplishment in continuing to climb my way up the ladder and earn my keep. That's what this stuff is all all about! Thankful to continue pursuing this crazy passion of mine. I am doing exactly what I love!

Of course her runner-up cheque and trophy go with yet more Olympia points but Michaela has only climbed to 4th in the qualification table. Guess what? Top three only get to go to Las Vegas. So, what do you think Michaela's been up to since then?

imagebam.com

Woke up real early this morning feeling good and I need triceps and abs so...

Work, of course!

And that pretty much brings us up-to-date with our 5'0" freaky Physique goddess. So, you may be wondering, what has ol' Swell got left from his Michaela archive?

Just a few favourites is what.

Our final Michaela of the Day tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment