Tuesday 19 September 2017

FMS@RP2017: The Comeback

imagebam.com

After the Omaha Pro and the resulting fallout (see FMS passim), and the threat we'd never see her on stage again. After the Facebook slanging match with her "iron sisters" (see also FMS passim), Aleesha Young's retirement came to a thankfully premature end right here. And didn't she do well - Top 6 plus the "Most Muscular" award.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

#toobigfortheifbb no more!

imagebam.com imagebam.com

She had promised her fans she wouldn't let up on the training during her time away, and she was as good as her word, so when the "special invite" came, she was already looking trouser-threateningly good. The package she brought to the stage was (I think) her best ever, and it got her the same 6th place she'd taken at the 2015 Rising Phoenix.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

I want to thank all of my fans and supporters of Female Bodybuilding, she said afterwards. You guys near and far motivate me more than you'll ever know and I truly appreciate the words of encouragement and support, especially through this contest prep as it certainly proved to be my most difficult to date. I'm forever grateful to all of you, and any role you have played in getting me on stage. Thank you again.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

Can you feel the love?

It flowed right back, and not just from the likes of me and you ("Nobody had legs like you, or glutes, or upper body mass... nobody! I would have placed you way higher, top three for sure! Congratulations for this tremendous showing!!!"), but also from her peers, Isabelle Turell ("so powerful") and Anne Sheehan ("so proud of you").

imagebam.com imagebam.com

And also there was love from the new Queen herself - Proud of you, Helle, having recovered from her celebrations, wrote on Aleesha's Instagram. Great look you came with and it paid off. I 100% knew the Most Muscular Award belonged to you.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

Praise indeed! And I'm very happy she's back. The Rising Phoenix can't afford to lose class acts like Aleesha, wrote one forum poster after the Omaha judging debacle.

I reckon she proved him right.

No comments:

Post a Comment